One More Act
In 2012 Theatre Tallahassee received a generous gift, allowing the theatre to make some much needed repairs and updates to our building, as well as to start planning for the future. A multi-stage process of renovations was begun in the summer of 2013, starting with a new roof over the Mainstage, new AC units, new carpeting and paint throughout the Mainstage auditorium, and all new seating. A new sound system was installed and some updates were made to the Mainstage lighting system.
Future renovation plans are dependent on fundraising, and we hope you will join our ever growing list of donors who are helping to make these plans a reality.
Renovation plans include:
Renovation of Coffeehouse – COMPLETE!
- The Coffeehouse stage
- Canteen and bar area
- Comfortable new seating
Still to come!
Magnolia Room to become Magnolia Lobby
- Creation of new Box Office
- Addition of Wine/Beer/Soda Bar
- Renovation of Kitchen for catering
- Replacement of flooring and lighting
Improvements to parking
- Better defined, leveled spaces
- Creation of more handicapped spaces – complete!
- Addition of landscape gravel to all useable spaces
- Improved lighting, drainage and landscaping
Other Facility Updates
- Upgrade of all bathrooms and plumbing building wide
- Enclosing back deck to increase storage and create new administrative office space –complete!
- Enlarge and update both dressing rooms – complete!
How to Help
We are asking every one of our patrons, friends and community supporters to donate to our Capital Campaign, we have a sizable goal of raising $1.5 million dollars and we need the help of every person who has ever enjoyed a show, been on stage or volunteered behind the scenes to accomplish our mission of saving our building. We began this project with funds from a generous gift, and have been applying for grants as well as working with the city and county to find any funding opportunities; however the majority of funding will need to come from our patrons, supporters, businesses and community.